Compressed coir coconut fibre briquette. Coconut pith fibre makes an ideal seed raising and growing medium due to its excellent water holding capability. Weed free, 100% vegetable based, organic and fully biodegradable. This a perfect renewable, sustainable and natural medium for growing cuttings, seed raising, and also perfect for hydroponic use or worm farms. Expands to 8-9L of pith in 20 minutes. Mess free using a normal household bucket!!
This comes from the same ethical and slave labor free supplier we get all our coir products from. You can be sure that the people who produce this are well looked after and well paid.
Coco pith from the coconut husk, when the fibre is extracted. The husk is soaked in water for a long period of time to extract the fibre. The pith from this is washed to reduce the naturally inherent salt, screened to remove excess coir fibre and impurities. It can be used for the following purposes:
- Hops Propagation and storage – one of the best products for storing hops rhizome, for propagating hops cuttings in and for early boosting of rhizomes before planting. Many many more uses for it around the garden too.
- Commercial Growers and Potting Mix Manufacturing – available in compressed 650g and 5kg
- Mushroom Propagation – For Mushroom casing – CFP is an appropriate alternative for white mined peat, and is blended with a heavier black mined peat.
- Hydroponics – Inert media that is pH balanced and EC neutral.
- Animal Bedding – blends of CFP and Coir Fibre for horse stables, zoos, etc. It is great for absorbing moisture and odour.
We personally use coir as a storage medium here. I know it works well thats why I use it. Also the best thing to propagate any small rhizomes or cuttings in. They just seem to really like it. You can mix it in with your soil or potting mix to help retain some moisture as it is a great moisture retainer. However one of its best properties is it cant get to soggy like soil can. Therfore prefect for hops propagation.
Checked prices else where? We are very very competitive on all coir product prices.